Press Releases, suggestions, complaints or clarifications regarding articles, content or photos on this website may be addressed to editor.newz66 AT gmail.com ONLY.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

A blind man with a vision



Sight may be important but a vision in life is something that matters most at the end of the day, goes a saying.
 
There can be no better person to prove this age-old adage right than Dr Samir Mansoori, a visually impaired man who was disowned by his own family at birth but fought all the handicaps – God-given and worldly – to make his own mark in life.
 
Visually impaired since birth, Dr. Mansoori, who is an ayurveda and naturopathy expert, has set an example for all the differently-abled people, who consider blindness as their greatest weakness.
 
After finding his own way from the struggles of life, the Ayurveda practitioner has now come up with his own set of herbal beauty products; and is set to launch his own range of anti-ageing products. 
 
Dr. Mansuri has no qualms in admitting that his very own mother tried to drown him in a tub full of boiling water, until his uncle came to his rescue.
 
Sent to an NGO-run boarding school by his family who wanted to get rid of him, Dr. Mansuri was blessed a vision – to make it big one day and prove that his disability was no roadblock to success.
 
“I always suffered ‘losses’ in life – be it emotionally, physically or financially. When my own family disowned me I understood that relationships are there only to create a balance in the world and nothing more. Life has taught me many lessons,” he tells HealthyDunia.com in an interaction that takes us across his difficult yet commendable journey in life.
 
With no one to rely on and no financial support, he moved to Hyderabad after completing his high school. To make ends meet and save money for his higher education he started working as a masseur during the day and slept on railway platforms during the nights.
 
The little money he earned from working in massage parlors helped him complete his graduation in arts, following which he went on to do a specialization in Ayurveda. 
 
“While working as a masseur I happened to come across an 89-year-old traditional Ayurvedic doctor named Guru Shamshuddin. It is he who made me change my career,” he says.
 
As a masseur, Dr. Mansoori earned a loyal clientele. He then began to use his professional training as a doctor and began to practice medicine. Shamshuddin, whom he considers his guru, taught him the art and science of pulse diagnosis and the secrets of herbal connotations and cures. 
 
“I always wanted to become a professor but became a doctor by chance. My guru has been a tremendous influence and support for me. At a time when my near and dear ones left me, he was someone who held my hand. Whatever I am today is because of him,” he says. 
 
He assisted his teacher for about four years, tuning and honing his medicinal skills and techniques and at the same time gathering some hands-on experience. 
 
With his by-now well-honed skills in pulse diagnosis, Dr.  Mansuri obtained a medical practitioner’s license in Hyderabad in 1999.
 
The Ayurveda practitioner has now come up with his own range of herbal products. 
 
“After my degree, the idea to create herbal beauty products struck me. Our nature has in her numerous numbers of ingredients to take care of our health and beauty.
 
“I experimented for more than 10-years and then used the products on myself to see the effects. Once I was satisfied, I decided to launch them for the masses,” narrates Dr. Mansoori.
 
The range, which he calls Ocean Miracle, includes face packs, scrubs, gels and creams. Says Dr Mansoori, “My products are 100 per cent natural. There is no synthetic or chemical component at all and hence zero percent chances of any after effects or allergic reactions." 
 
Dr. Mansoori claims that several film personalities like like Subhash Ghai, Harman Baweja and television personalities like Ekta Tiwari, Rashmi Ghosh etc. use his natural products.
 
The physician, who refused to let his disability come in the way of his endeavors, is enjoying life’s new found luxuries. “All of a sudden, life has become very generous to me. I am bestowed with all the good things in life. I am thankful to God for the same,” he added.
 
The 37-year-old doctor will soon be launching his anti-aging miracle potion in India and abroad. “After Mumbai and Surat, I will be launching the product in Dubai, Johannesburg and Nairobi,” says the proud practitioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment